LOCAL PICKUP ONLY
16 in stock
Starbond KBL-500 Black Medium-Thick CA glue is a flexible, rubber-toughened super glue that dries jet black in color. The KBL-500 is ideal for hiding imperfections, filling dark voids, and accenting specific areas in your projects. Along with impact and shock absorbing properties, the black CA retains favorable qualities such as the ability to be sanded down and polished to a high gloss finish. Additionally, when infiltrating fractures, pores, and soft material, the adhesive is able to expand and contract with its surrounding malleable environment, preventing cracking. Starbond KBL-500 Black Medium-Thick CA glue is commonly used in reckoning speakers, hobby RC car tires, woodturning inlays, burl, and spalted wood. heavy duty bonding, and filling voids.
It is important to keep in mind that the colored CA glues have an extended bonding time due to the added rubber compound. Although bonding time is generally 40-60 seconds, it can take much longer to dry when larger volumes of the colored adhesive are applied. For these instances, the use of Starbond Acceleratoris highly recommended.
WARNING This product can expose you to chemicals including Carbon Black and Methyl isobutyl ketone, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Accenting designs on spalted wood
- Bonding dissimilar materials such as wood, metal, glass and rubber
- Creating a black accent on projects
- Gluing R/C Car tires
- Thread locking in R/C cars
- In speaker manufacturing, bonding top plate to the frame, spider to the voice coil, spider assembly to frame, spider to cone assembly, dust cap to the cone, gasket to surround, surround to frame or cone, cone to coil connections, dressing lead wires to the cone, and select dust cap applications.
- Repairing and filling cracks, inclusions, voids, and knots in the wood
- Rocks & Minerals
- Carbon Fiber
- Most Plastics